I havent said anything for a bit. Tawhero School has now got 90 Chromebooks. They are almost ready to go. Just need to finish setting up a place to charge them all.
90 Chromebooks running off a single adsl2+ connection is not going to go all that well I suspect. What would life be without little challenges. Hmmmm. The school 2kms away can get Fibre broadband and they have said they would be cool with us putting some gear in there. I wonder how much a link up to Tawhero is going to cost since we dont get fibre for another 2 years. Come on New Zealand technology, catch up dammit.
I could always ban all non educational video games in the school. I wonder if I would survive the riot? May discuss it with staff.
how's it been going since january?
ReplyDeletein particular, how are the apps working with a slow uplink? and are the books surviving classroom use well?
ReplyDeleteI'll do a full update methinks.
ReplyDelete