Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Ok, I admit it. I love google apps. This just keeps getting better. And I want to tell you about all the cool things it can do. But lets pull back a second. Back to the low descile schools and no money thing. What are the monetary advantages of going google? How will I save money by changing the way we run our networks. Well, first up. Less storage on the servers. As for the email servers. They can be shut down (or repurposed).
And those 10 year old desktops? They only need an internet connection. I have been playing around with Linux. There is a version called browser linux. Its 100mb in size. It boots fast, takes only minutes to install and its hard to kill. The only problem at this point is I cant get the sound running. I will play more with that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment